NYKS Volunteer Recruitment Notification 2019
Government of India seeks young persons to help, channelise their energies and capabilities towards nation building activities by organizing them into volunteers groups. You shall be asked to spearhead campaigns/ awareness programme about health, literacy, sanitation, gender and other social issues and may also be called upon to assist the administration in emergency or implementation of various programmes.
National Youth Corps is a scheme of Ministry of Youth AffairsSports, Government of India. The NYC Scheme is being implemented by NYKS.
1. Objectives of the Scheme :
The scheme of NYC would create a space enabling young men and in the age group of 18 to 29 years to serve up to two years in Nation Building activities for which they would receive a monthly honorarium of Rs- 5000/-.
The Scheme has following objectives :-
- To set up a group of disciplined and dedicated youth how have the inclination and sprit to engage in the task of Nation Building.
- To facilitate the realization of inclusive growth (both social and economic).
- To act as modulators and peer group educates.
- To act as role models for the younger cohort specially towards enhancement of public ethics, probity and dignity of labour.
NYKS Volunteer Recruitment
2.Volunteers strength and deployment A total of 12000 volunteers shall be deployed in the
country. Two volunteers per block in 623 kendras will be deployed. However, as per the approval of MYA, one volunteer for every two wards will be deployed in Delhi. In Telangana one NYV per two Mandals will be deployed. Further,3 volunteers each in all new districts without kendras will also be deployed. Further, two volunteers for computer / documentation work are also deployed at each Kendra level.
- The deployment will be initially for one year only.
- It is clarified very categorically that if any candidate is deployed in between from among the waiting list, such deployment will be only for the rest of the period with in the financial year due to which the vacancy was created. No volunteer in any case will be deployed beyond two years.
- The deployment is purely on voluntary basis and hence the selected volunteers will not have any claim for regular appointment.
Education qualification:- Minimum class 10th pass.
Age:- Minimum 18 years and below 29 years as on 1st April 2018.
Preference in selection may be given to the following :
- Candidates having higher educational qualification,merit and basic knowledge of computer application. NYKS Volunteer Recruitment
- Preferably , Candidates having the smart mobile phone and basic knowledge of operating different Apps pertaining to e- banking/Dgidhan, social media etc.
- Members of NYKS affiliated youth clubs.
- Students who have enrolled themselves as a regular students are not eligible for deployment under the scheme, keeping in view of the nature of their full time assignment.
- Participation of weaker sections such as SC/ST community will be encouraged and 50:50 gender ratio should be maintained to the extent possible.
A selection committee has been approved with the following composition:-District Collector/ DM Chairperson Two Eminent Persons in the field Members ofyouth / social/ education field
District Youth Coordinator
ConvenerTime line for selection of NYVs:
|Sl. no||Activity||Time schedule|
|A||Issue of fresh Advertisement.||By 16th February, 2019|
|B||Last date of receiving application – Online , Sorting/ Screening of applications and request letters to DM/DCs and letters to Training Institutes||3rd March, 2019|
|C||Meeting of selection committee depending upon the availability DM/DC concerned||From 05th March to 11th March, 2019|
|D||Declaration of result||By 15th March, 2019|
|E||Date of joining for the Newly deployed volunteers and online registration||18th March, 2019|
|F||Organising 15 days induction training to the newly deployed volunteers.||From 1st April to 16th April, 2019|